Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Week 38: Lost Again?

   The book-of-the-week for Week 38 is a pop-up book titled Lost Again? The cover is a vintage map of Miami, Florida with blue linen book cloth spine and hand-drawn sign post with the title, Lost Again? written on it.


the cover, a map of Miami

   The title page is the same sign, hand-drawn with colored pencils. The paper used for the entire book was 100-weight cover paper from the French Paper Company. A combination of markers and colored pencils were used for the illustrations. Alternate page spreads incorporate pop-up mechanisms.

the title page

This is the story...

page 1... So why don't you just stop and ask someone?

So why don't you just stop and ask someone?

I figure they'd probably give me the wrong directions...

page 2, box pop-out with swinging arm..

It's this way, Dude.

Lost again Hon?
Hun, You're always late. Why don't you try using a map?

I would, but I can never get...


refolding the map, vee-fold pop-up

it refolded!


So why don't you use maps?

So, Why don't you use maps?

All those Lines make my brain explode!


an exploding head volvelle

And...

So, why are you afraid to ask for directions?

So, tell me why you are afraid to ask directions?

I think I'll look silly.


ha! ha! box pop-up

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!


What do you do when you're lost? ... I just keep driving around

I never ask directions.

What do you do when you're lost?

I just keep driving around, and eventually I get there or give up.


...spiral across the centerfold pop-up
Happy Trails! 

The End

What a place to be lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment