Monday, June 4, 2012

The Castle

About Chateau du Pin... I've been reminiscing and including photographs of my three trips to France for many months. Many of my handmade books are inspired by the beauty and charm of the Loire Valley chateau where I stayed, made art, and learned. The place is called Chateau du Pin and you can read it's history, see pictures, and learn about renting an entire wing of the 400 year old castle by clicking on www.sci-le-pin.com. The last time I went to France, my husband, seven friends and I shared rental of an entire wing of the chateau for two weeks. We had a ball!

The Chateau and the Topiaries

The Coach House and Back door

One of seven reflecting pools.. a great place for reflecting...

I've also taken two book arts workshops at Chateau du Pin with fellow artists from all over the country. In addition to sleeping in the 400-year old palatial bedrooms, we were served delicious seven-course french style meals in the dining room, had the opportunity to explore the 300 acres of exquisite formal gardens, ancient chestnut forests and ruins of a Roman road, and then immersed ourselves creating artists' books in the quaint carriage house "studio"and front lawn. From this blog you can see the influence and impressions gathered during those workshops extends beyond the limited time spent there. To learn more about the arts workshops led by artist and co-owner Peg Gignoux, click on www.ingignouxity.com/ and then click on Make Art in France.

I encourage you to consider a workshop at Chateau du Pin. The experience is priceless.

Kathy